Followers

Sunday 16 December 2018

…the spangles that sleep all the year in a dark box…


Sharing my third card design for my bulk Christmas cards, this one features the awesome background stamp that came in the Hero Arts’ November 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit.



The colours and feel of this card are inspired by the picture at The Card Concept.  I chose the pearl shimmer paper and silver embossing given the colours and the stamp features elegant Christmas decorations that also suit the image.  I also picked up the subtle and vintage red and green colours from the picture with my matting.

I chose to use glitter paper so I could play along at Southern Girls but it also fit the feel of this card.  My memory as a kid is of ornaments covered in glitter and getting all glittery when decorating the tree, soooo much fun for me, not so much fun for my Mum who had to clean it all up!

The layout of my card comes from Karren’s sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  Rather than adding an embellie for the any shape element I used a Make it Crafty chippie to add in a Christmas sentiment.  As with my other card designs, I switched up the colours and, in this case, the chippies, to create 10 cards that are the same but not identical.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Silver
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Cursive Sentiments ~ Merry Christmas
Inks & Paints etc
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
House of Paper Romanesque Paper ~ Pearl
Stampin' Up! Cardstock Joyous Noel ~ Glimmer Green & Red
Stamps
Challenges
http://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-card-concept-104-elegant-holiday.html

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2018/12/freshly-made-sketches-367-and-dt-call.html

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Perfectly festive cards. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is So Effective love the backgrond stamp and how the glitter papers Highlight it. The Sentiment just Pops and finishes it of nicely. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and 2019 will be an AWESOME one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: