Followers

Sunday 14 July 2019

…happiness doubled by wonder


Sharing a simple card featuring the very pretty Demure stamp from Penny Black and thank you sentiment from the Climbing Roses set by Stampin’ Up!.


The layout of my card follows the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I added in the frame with a simple stitching die from Lawn Fawn that allowed me to create the perfectly sized frame.

I went with a stitched frame so I could play along at Aud Sentiments.  My other two items from the middle column of their bingo board are embossing and a stamp.  I embossed the flower and sentiment before adding a splash of watercolour to the petals.

My colour scheme is from the current Color Throwdown palette.  Love the subtle pop of colour in the pink flowers and black, white and gold is just a classic and classy combination.  I didnt want to go too harsh with the black though so I’ve left it to just one of the mats.

I love how this card came out, just hope the recipient does too.  I’ve never met her, shes one of my colleague’s mum and makes the best dumplings you’ve ever eaten.  So, this card is heading her way to say thanks for keeping us well fed at work!

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Gold
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Lawn Fawn Lawn cuts ~ LF913 Stitched Borders
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Spun Sugar & Worn Lipstick
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Piglet
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Raven
Ranger Inkssentials Cardstock ~ Watercolor
Stamps
Challenges
https://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/231-bingo-sentiment_11.html

https://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2019/07/color-throwdown-countdown-551.html

https://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2019/07/freshly-made-sketches-396-sketch-by.html

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my this is lovely! The sweet pink flowers are beautiful! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely and delicate! Thank you for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! Thank you for joining the Aud Sentiments Challenge! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: