Followers

Tuesday 23 July 2019

…when the soft fragrance of magnolias hung in the air…


Sharing a CAS card featuring the large magnolia stamp from the Good Morning Magnolia set by Stampin’ Up!.

 
Over at AAA Cards they are asking you to use one image with the option of going positive.  My card features the one large image and the uplifting sentiment of ‘Thinking of you’, from the same Stampin’ Up! set.  I always think a handmade card that comes in the mail just because someone is thinking of you is like a hug in an envelope and can’t help but make the recipient feel more positive about themselves and life because they know someone cares and is thinking about them.

My colours are from the pretty palette at Just Us Girls.  The two pinks the perfect colouring for my magnolia, I do love the pink variety.  Although I’ve realised now I’ve stuck the whole thing down that my cardstocks are the wrong colour family for my inks ~ duh!

Although I like to keep my cards CAS, I have scattered a few tiny pearls around my magnolia so I could also play along at Fab ’n’ Funky.  At least the pearls match the inks I used, not like those cardstocks.  I’m right down to the wire getting this card in, nothing like a bit of weekday speed crafting to set you up to get through hump day tomorrow!

Ingredients:
Embellishments
Flourish with a Bling Pearls ~ Rose Pink
Inks & Paints etc
Hero Ink ~ Unicorn White
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry & Spun Sugar
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair ~ Shady Lane
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Burlap Cardstock ~ Ruby Red
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Coral Cream
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Herbal Garden Medium
Stamps
Challenges
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2019/07/cas-game-145-one-image-optional-twist.html
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/07/just-us-girls-color-week-497.html

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bloom and colours. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your colour choices too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: