Followers

Wednesday 25 October 2017

…And death a note unsaid



I’ve taken a break from Hallowe’en cards to make a sympathy card featuring a sentiment from the Thoughts & Prayers set by Stampin’ Up! and the Glamorous die from Penny Black.


The current theme at CASology is cherish, which reminded me I needed to make some cards to start a sympathy card stash.  Why?  Well, because every time I need to make a sympathy card I think about how much I cherish the people who matter the most to me.  And why a sympathy card stash?  Because there have been so many times I’ve needed to make them this year that I’ve decided to try the umbrella theory.  You know; when you take your umbrella it never rains.  So hopefully making a stash of sympathy cards will stop the need for them, at least until the new year.

As I wanted to make up a few cards I needed a design that was quick and easy, which this one was.  A quick die cut, some inking and spritzing with water, add in the sentiment and mat the whole lot up.  Helps that I think CAS is the best style for sympathy cards.  Quick and easy also happens to be the theme at Sunny Day Crafting so I’m entering my card there.

Cardz 4 Guys are looking for sympathy cards, as well as ones for remembrance and just thinking of you so I’m linking my card up there too.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Penny Black Dies ~ 51-117 Glamorous
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Candied Apple, Embossing, Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint & Picked Raspberry
Papers
Bazzill Classic Cardstock ~ White
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Arches Watercolor Paper ~ 185gsm Smooth
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the linky trouble, but it's working now. Would love you to link up your card.
    Janis, Owner and Design Team Member at Sunny Day Crafting https://sunnydaycrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely. I hope your umbrella theory works.. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! I really love it! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, I hope your umbrella theory works! If you had to have a stash of sympathy cards on hand, this is one I would want in my stash. Simple, beautiful, comforting. I lov that poppy die, and your inking is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - That flower glows! Love it. So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: