Followers

Thursday 2 August 2018

…it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness…


Sharing a fun card I made for my manager featuring a long-retired image from Simply B Stamps called Weight Lifting Scott.


My card layout follows the sketch over at Sunday Stamps, I just split the base fold to make a gatefold card.  I then doubled the sketch design on the inside of the larger flap to complete my sentiment, which I teamed with a digi from Sandra Caldwell Babycakes DnD called the Birthday Cake.  I coloured the cake up to look like red velvet, my manager’s favourite.


The sentiment is a nod to how my manager likes to relax, he works out.  No kidding, really, he even recently went on “holidays” to Thailand to go to a 10-day boot camp because apparently holding heavy weights over your head and doing thousands of swats and other hard stuff is “fun and relaxing”!  Guess it must be for him because he did come back with the same sort of holiday glow people have when they come back from what most of us would call a relaxing holiday lying on a beach.  But to each their own, especially as we have a deal, he does my exercise and I do his creative time so we both have twice as much time to relax in our own way.  And as ‘relax’ is the current prompt at Cardz 4 Guys I’m linking my card there.

Over at The Male Room they are celebrating their fifth birthday and looking for birthday projects so I’m entering my card in their challenge.

Gave my manager his card yesterday and he loved it, or perhaps that was the sweetness from the red velvet cupcakes I made talking!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E11 cheeks)
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B18, B21, B23, W6, W8, W10
Barbell C0, C2, C4, E08, E09, E97
Fitness Tracker C4, C6, C8
Cake C0, C2, C4, E15, E18, N0, N1, N4, N6, N8, N10, R35, R59, Y15, YR0000, YR09, YR15, YR20, YR30, 0
Papers
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Dusk
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Orange Peel Cardstock ~ Classic Orange
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Huckleberry Pie
Stamps
Simply B Stamps ~ Weight Lifting Scott
Challenges
http://sundaystamps.blogspot.com/2018/07/ssc184-sketch-fun.html

https://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2018/08/challenge-91-our-5th-birthday.html

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Too funny - I'm sure he loved it! Such cute stamps, lol - I'm more of a loafer, myself, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That image and sentiment are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a son who loves to lift weights so he would have loved this, except perhaps he would be raising a pint or two on his birthday!
    Thanks for joining in at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! What a fun sentiment! And a very fun story behind your creation. Beautiful coloring. Thank you for joining us in our 5th birthday celebration at The Male Room.

    x Lise Mariann, DT at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. A SUPER card, and perfect for the fitness fanatic man. Love the story with it too. Thank you so much for joining us in Our 5th Birthday challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEkk, I just love your card! So fun and great coloring! Thanks so much for playing along at Sunday Stamps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect card for the recipient, great idea. I love both of the images. Thanks for your comments and for sharing your project with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card and so funny. I'm sure it was much appreciated. Thanks so much for playing along with our Birthday challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: