Followers

Monday 27 August 2018

…for whom do they bloom?


I’m sharing a card for a friend featuring a stamp I bought over the weekend at a craft show from Uniquely Creative called Spring Bouquet.


My card layout follows the sketch over at Sunday Stamps.  For some added interest I used a stitched border die to cut my top layer from watercolour paper before I stamped my image.  I also die cut my sentiment and popped it up on several more layers of the same die cut.  I know there’s a name for that technique but it escapes me at the moment!  I finished off my sentiment with a small chippie from Make it Crafty and added a small amount of bling with a bitty gem for the dot of the ‘i’.  Hard to see in the pic but I also embossed the stamp with some new embossing powder, also from the show, from Bellbird Paperarts that has a bit of gold sparkle to it.

So I could play along at Creative Friday I’ve limited my colour palette to only three colours, yellow, white and green.  I went with yellow for the flower as my friend is a very sunny natured soul, she really does bring sunshine and light to everyone lucky enough to know her.

As I have featured a floral stamp I am also linking up my card over at The Sisterhood of Crafters for their current bloomin’ flowers challenge.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Ivory Sparkle
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Altenew Dies ~ Script Words 2
Simon Says Stamp! Dies ~ Drifting Stitches Border
Embellishments
Close To My Heart ~ Bitty Gems
Make it Crafty Adapt-a-Word Chipboard ~ Happy
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade & Twisted Citron
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
BoBunny Double Dot Vintage ~ Sunflower
Fabriano Studio Watercolor ~ Hot Press Satin
Stamps
Challenges
http://sundaystamps.blogspot.com/2018/08/ssc186-tilted-fun.html

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun design ... just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Bloomin’ Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, this is SO elegant and detailed - I love it! Your tilted panel is so cool! Love the shape and the stitch detail - perfect to show off that love flower spray! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the tilted sketch! Love love the floral image! Thanks so much fr joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely!Thanks for joining us at creative friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous card! Love your take on the sketch and the stitched border is perfect! The yellow flower is gorgeous! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...great effect with the die cut!
    Thanks for joining in our Creative Friday Challenge.
    Bye Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun use of the sketch with the background shape. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Emily! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an amazing card you've created! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge blog and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: