Followers

Sunday 19 August 2018

…the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them


Sharing another CAS thank you card for another colleague.


This one features one of the sentiments from the Oriental Orchid set by Altenew, which I’ve embossed in white.  I’ve also added in some embossed stars created from one of Finnabair’s stencils by Prima, aptly named Stars.  I used a stencil to make my stars so I could play along in the current challenge at AAA Cards.

My card follows the sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches, the only change I made was to add the sentiment.  Well, I think my placement of my stars is about right!  Some of them look a bit wonky too, didn’t have the best of applicators going but I need this for the morning and it’s getting a bit late here so no time to go hunting for the right tools.

I went with a starry theme from the picture inspiration at Fusion.  I was going to make a background but I’ve no idea what I’ve done with my Yupo so an alcohol ink one was out.  I tried one on watercolour paper but it just grabbed all the embossing powder even after I primed it with an anti-static tool.  Luckily a quick search in my paper bins turned up a cute set from Gorjuss and this night sky looking paper.  Bonus, the strip I trimmed off perfectly contains the Gorjuss girl image and is just about right for a bookmark, which might be tomorrow’s project.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail White
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Prima Finnabair Stencil ~ Stars
Inks & Paints etc
Hero Arts ~ Unicorn White
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Docrafts Santoro 6x6 Paper Pack ~ Gorjuss
Stamps
Challenges
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2018/08/cas-game-122-use-stencil.html
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2018/08/challenge-285-sketch.html
http://fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/08/fusion-galaxy.html
 
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! The paper is perfect for a starry sky! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very moody feel . thank you for playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Please come back with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dark sky to show off your stencilled stars. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "moody" paper that you used - a great foil for those embossed stars. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challege.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper turned out to be a great take for the galaxy theme! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Very nice card, i love the contrast between the sky and the stars. Makes the stencilled stars pop even more. Lovely take on the stencil challenge. Thank you for playing along with us at AAACards. Happy Crafting. Hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and starry background! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: