Followers

Sunday 19 August 2018

As we express our gratitude…


Sharing a CAS thank you card I made for a colleague.


I’ve followed the current sketch over at Atlantic Hearts for my layout.  For the three strip elements I’ve stamped with a retired stamp set from Clearly Besotted called Flag Patterns.  I did this so I could play along at Retro Rubber in their tic tac toe challenge.  I bought this stamp way back in July 2016 so it meets the more than a year-old criteria.  It is clear not rubber but hoping that’s OK, I’ve got loads of clear stamps that could use some inky love and this set was one of them!

The other elements from the tic tac toe board I’ve used are stripes (from my stamp), the colour green and one word, thanks to the awesome chippie from Make it Crafty.  As this is a CAS card I’m also entering it in the current challenge at Fussy and Fancy.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Clear
Embellishments
Doodlebug Design Inc Sprinkles ~ Bumblebee Assortment
Make it Crafty Chipboard Layered Single Word ~ 2½'' & 3¼'' Thanks
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Blueberry Bushel & Daffodil Delight
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Twisted Citron
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ White
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Blueberry Bushel
Stamps
Clearly Besotted ~ CBSFL088 Flag Patterns (retired)
Challenges
http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/08/sketch-277.html
http://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/my-blog/2018/08/challenge-93-tic-tac-toe.html

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh I do love this clean and simple card...your retro design and colours are fab. It is perfect for our Fussy and Fancy Challenge,,,thanks for joining us...Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS card...not something easy for me to achieve. You rocked the sketch!
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great CAS card. I love the fresh and exciting feel it has which comes from the bright colours you've used and the jazzy combination of stripes. Yes, clear stamps certainly count at Retro Rubber Challenge. Thank you for joining in with us for my tictactoe challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clear or Rubber, we take it all, as long as it's a bit older and slightly unloved LOL! I LOVE the bright colours of your stripes, so perfect, that it took me a while to realise you had stamped them! Thanks for playing along this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your banners just pop! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Melanie! I love the vibrant colors you chose as well as the stamp sets, they are so crisp and clear I thought you had used washi tape at first. Great chipboard sentiment, absolutely perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flag stamps and the fun colors you chose! Backing the thanks with a dark color really makes it pop! Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your CAS card, perfect for a masculine card. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inky love on your clear stamps is perfect. Thanks for playing with us on our Tic Tac Toe challenge at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: