Followers

Wednesday 5 December 2018

…and liv’d but three summer days…


Sharing a birthday card featuring a rather arty image from Hannah Lynn called Punch of Color Girls 8.


I started with the image and then had a look at some challenges to help me decide what to do on my card.  Over at Happy Little Stampers CAS they are looking for embossing on your card.  CAS Mix Up added resist to that embossing, which led me to decide to not colour my image but simply use some foiling to add interest.  Foiling is my ‘choice’ aspect for CAS Mix Up and I have two forms of stamping, digi in the image and real with my sentiment.

I added more resist embossing with some butterflies as a background, which I created with some embossing ink and a stencil.  I used a couple of blue shades of Distress Ink to bring up the embossing.  With all my butterflies I am also linking my card up at Cardz 4 Galz.  To finish off my card I picked out a few features in the image with some glittery and metallic ink.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Hero Arts Embossing Powder ~ White Satin Pearl
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Magenta Style Stencil ~ TM28 Nature Elements
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Cursive Sentiments ~ Happy Birthday Outline
Inks & Paints etc
Atyou Spica Pens ~ Baby Blue & Turquoise
iCraft Deco Foil ~ Transfer Gel
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Broken China & Mermaid Lagoon
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bellbird Paperarts ~ Cotton Blend Card
iCraft Deco Foil ~ Pewter
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Blueberry Bushell
Stamps
Challenges
https://casmixup.blogspot.com/2018/12/cas-mix-up-december-challenge.html

https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2018/12/hls-december-cas-challenge.html

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. What a striking image and the resist embossing with the butterflies and the tones of blue is beautiful. A really stunning card and thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and artsy stamped image...love her blue eyes and the fan with a touch of color. Wonderful emboss resist butterflies. So much movement in your creative images, Emily. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card, the image is amazing. I adore your resist technique butterflies. A perfect card for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely image and I love how you've colored her eyes that draw my eye to the lovely sponged background! Love those sweet butterflies too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative and artistic take on the challenge at CAS Mix Up, beautiful image and love the shades of blue with the emboss resist, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique and pretty card, Emily! I would have never thought of stenciling with embossing ink. Your butterflies and the sponged blue sky are so beautiful! The foiling is a nice shiny touch!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful design Emily. Gorgeous artsy image and I love the butterflies heat embossed with your soft blue sponging over top. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely digi image, perfectly accented with your embossed resist butterflies! thank you for sharing with us at CAS Mix up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card .... what a fabulous image. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge. Have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: