Followers

Thursday 6 December 2018

…just a call to go wild and party and dance…


Sharing a card I made for a friend’s 40th birthday featuring an image from the now closed Saturated Canary called 70’s Vibe.


The layout for my card comes from the sketch over at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday. To keep with my 70’s theme I went with a less typical shape to die cut the image, swapping the oval in the sketch for a curvy square.  I edged the die cut in gold glitter embossing powder and went to town with the gold glittery accents on the card as well.  Used a couple of different sparkle pens on her top to add a glittery 70’s feel to it also.

I wanted to play along at Incy Wincy Designs in their create your own background challenge but decided it might be a bit too lairy to do the whole card base in a 70’s inspired pattern.  So, instead, I just did up a piece for the rectangular element in the sketch.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers to colour through the mini version of his Rosette stencil.  I then spritzed it, with the stencil still in place, with some Resist Spray.  Finished off with a layer or Distress Ink for a lovely colourful pattern.

To finish off my card I added in a sentiment using an Altenew die cut, which I double cut and layered, and stamps from Mama Elephant and Birch Press Designs.  As I have a few die cuts on my card I am also entering it at The Paper Girls for their current challenge.

Love how this card turned out and think it captures the style of the 70s really well.  Just hope my fellow 70’s flowerchild friend likes it too.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, YG91, YG93, YG97, 0
Lips YR02, YR20, YR61
Hair E30, E31, E33, E34
Outfit B12, B14, B37, B39
Chalks & Powders etc
Hero Arts’ Embossing Powder ~ Gold Glitter
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Altenew Dies ~ 1845 Script Words 2
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies ~ S4-524 Curved Square
Inks & Paints etc
Atyou Spica Pen ~ Baby Blue & Sky Blue
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Mermaid Lagoon
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Spun Sugar & Worn Lipstick
Tim Holtz Distress Resist Spray
Tsukineko VersaFine Claire ~ Paradise
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen ~ Blue
Zig Fudebiyori Metallic Pen ~ Gold
Zig Mangaka 01 Pen ~ Black
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ White
Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock Holiday ~ Gold
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Blueberry Bushell
Stamps
Birch Press Design ~ CL8124 Just Because (and)
Mama Elephant ~ Color Me Letters
Saturated Canary ~ 70’s Vibe
Challenges
http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/2018/12/challenge-387-ends-dec-30th.html

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, super fun take on the sketch - love the retro shapes! Such bright colors - very 70's! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the 70's! Your cute gal and curvy die-cut give just the right feeling for this birthday card, Emily! I know your friend will enjoy it. After all, we ALL wANT TO BE "40 & fabulous" sometime in our lives!!! Thank you for sharing your lady and creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for your friend's special day. Thanks for joining in our MYO Background challenge at Incy WIncy. We hope you join us again soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend is going to love this card. Amazing. Such a great image! Thanks for joining us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you created your background. Definitely a 70s feel to this card. Thank you for joining in the Make Your Own Background Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card - your friend will love it. I love how you've managed to capture that '70's feel. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: