Followers

Saturday 21 June 2014

If, as mine is, thy life a slumber be…


The Baby Teen Scene collection has been released at Simply B Stamps and this card features the cute Nap Time Miller from the collection.


To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch over at Seems a Little Sketchy.  For a change I didn’t resize to fit my usual 6x6 card instead I resized to be a DL size as that’s the current theme at My Time to Craft.  We won’t talk about the sheet of cardstock I messed up in printing my logo on the back, it’s tricky working with a card that’s a rectangle, you’ve got to get things placed just right and I didn’t set my printer properly.  Starting with an 8x8.25 piece of card means no second go at the one sheet like a 6x6 but I think the size worked well for the image and the sketch.

I found the plaid paper in my Graphic 45 stash; it reminds me of a blanket so worked perfectly for this image.  I wanted to keep things fairly simple as this is a boy card so went for textures and all shades of blue.  I swapped out the plain oval element for the scalloped Nestie to give more of a cloud impression, a bit of Fran-tage on the outline added to the effect.  The puffy sticker from Freckled Fawn was a serendipitous find in my stash, the right colour and the perfect sentiment.

As this card is for a boy and features a die cut I’ve got both themes covered for the current Ladybug Crafts’ challenge so I’m also entering it there.

To see more of these awesome images, head on over to the SBS blog and check out what the rest of the DT have done with them.  You can also see more of my projects featuring Blankie Chris at this post, Rockin’ Baby Christian over here and Rubber Ducky Jude at this post.  Oh, and stay tuned to see what I’ve done with the awesome girls in this collection because you knew there had to be equally cute girlie images!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Hair E08, E18, E93, E95, Y14
Outfit BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09
Teddy Bear E21, E23, E25, E27, E30, E31, E33, E35, E93, E95, 0
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Shabby Blue
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Big Scalloped Ovals
Embellishments
Freckled Fawn ~ Button Stickers & Puffy Sentiment Sticker
Turquoise Gem from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Faded Jeans
Papers
Stamps
Challenges
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This looks great, thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card, gorgeous image and papers. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this turned out with our sketch! Such a sweet and cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a darling card - I can almost smell and feel the tender 'baby' concept! Thx for playing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: