Followers

Tuesday 27 September 2016

…dress impeccably and they remember the woman



I’m sharing a birthday card I’ve made for a friend featuring Flapper Twirl from Lemon Shortbread.


When I saw the word prompt over at Inkspirational I thought it was very fitting for my friend who does regularly look quite glamorous, even when she’s just out for a spot of rehearsals (she plays violin in an opera orchestra).  So with that theme in mind I looked through my digi collection and settled on this very glamorous 1920’s image and coloured her up.

I wasn’t too sure how to best show her off on my card but the sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches proved the perfect inspiration.  Instead of flourishes I added some shell elements to a basic geometric frame and then did the whole lot in foil on a black background.  I forgot to print the sentiment so I could foil that too and then cut my frame so couldn’t put it back through my printer.  Hence the slightly askew lettering, I had to add it in with some rub-ons.

I toyed with colouring the background of the image (no way was I fussy cutting round those pearls!) but decided to keep it simple and so left the white background.  To that end I mounted my image and frame on a white card base and have to say I am very pleased with the result.  Being a CAS card I am also entering it in the current challenge at Creative Friday.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B0000, B04
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair E40, E41, E42, E43
Outfit E08, E21, E37, E97, N6, N8, N10, YR02, YR04, YR20, YR61, 100
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! Love how the frame matches the style of the image and fits right into the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant! I love it :o)

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.

    Hugs,
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card. I love it.

    Thanks for playing with us @ Creative Friday.
    Hugs, Katja

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foiled frame goes so perfectly with your lovely image on this glamorous card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is so glamorous - the frame fits the flapper style perfectly. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches again for this challenge. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: