Followers

Sunday 4 September 2016

…that you look lovely as can be



I’ve got another card to share for another niece’s birthday; this one features Looking Good from All Dressed Up, a sweet image for a teen.


My card follows the current sketch over at Retrosketches, which I’ve flipped on its side and swapped out the twine for some rows of pearls.  I had to add in an extra rectangle element to mount my image on, after I fussy cut it (no easy feat with those thin little details!) I realised she didn’t stand out so well in her mint outfit on my mint background.

The colour scheme is from the current inspiration pic at Cupcake Inspirations.  It’s a fab combination and allowed me to do up the image with red chucks (my niece is mad for them).  Love the pop of red against the soft mint.

I needed something to finish off my row of pearls, seeing I didn’t use twine and therefore had no bow.  Wasn’t quite sure what to add until I read the instructions for the current challenge at Moving Along With the Times; insert butterfly embellie.  Oh, and all kinds of goodness it allowed me to use my Tim Holtz butterfly punch, well actually even better, both of them.  Now I just wish there was a third size as that would have made the perfect layered butterfly!  Add a bit of Wink of Stella to the butterflies for a bit of sparkle and drew in some antenna.  Finished off with some more pearls a la the sketch and an apt quote for the angst ridden teen years for a CAS but sweet card.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes G09
Lips E04, R35
Hair E08, E09, E57, YR14
Outfit BG11, BG32, BG34, BG75, N0, N2, N7, N9, R30, R32, R35, R39, 0, 110
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Tim Holtz Punches ~ Butterfly Large & Small
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Pearls ~ Red
Kaisercraft Pearl Strip ~ White (coloured with Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Red Pepper)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Stickers ~ Small Talk
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Classic Cardstock ~ Red & White
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Tropical
Stamps
Challenges
Moving Along With the Times #28 ~ All kinds of everything

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. THanks for sharing this super card with us at MAWTT. I love the image you have used and the butterflies fit our challenge well. Good luck Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card and lovely colouring! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful! Love how you colored this darling image! Great use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling! I LOVE the sassy image you chose to use, how perfect! The rows of poppy bling is such a lovely finish! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: