Followers

Sunday 11 September 2016

When you wish upon a star…



The card I’m sharing today features Rainy Mae from Some Odd Girl.


I needed a special card for a friend who is having a milestone birthday and wasn’t overly sure what I wanted to do.  Had a look around some challenges and saw at Hanna and Friends the theme was to be inspired by a song.  Thinking about birthday wishes made me think about wishing upon stars and that got the song Wish Upon a Star from Disney’s Pinocchio (I’m a sucker for classic Disney movies) stuck in my head.  So then I had to do a starry card but not just any card, a light up starry card.  So here’s what it looks like lit up, not a great photo but you can see the lights.


To make up the starry night sky I first used a stencil and embossing ink to mark out my stars.  I then embossed these with white embossing powder.  I also added in the sentiment from a Tim Holtz’s set, the perfect one to go with my starry wishes theme.  I used Distress Ink in various colours to then ink up my background and finally spritzed with some Perfect Pearls for the perfect shimmery starry sky.  With all my embossing I am entering my card in the current challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas.

Then I went on a hunt for the perfect image to match and it was quite a hunt.  I finally found the Some Odd Girl Mae, she had the right expression, was looking up and with her upturned hand just seemed like she was waiting to catch a falling star.  To add to the perfection she has a hairdo much like the recipient so it was a match made in starry heaven!

Although I haven’t actually added a birthday sentiment or indeed the milestone year this is for a special birthday (shhh, it’s 50) so I am also entering my card in the birthday challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E35, E37, 0
Mouth E04, R00, R02
Hair E35, E50, YR24, YR31
Outfit G24, G40, G43, G94, G99, N6, N8, 110
Pearls T1, T2, 0
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Memory Box Stencils ~ 88573 Stardust
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Classic Cardstock ~ Licorice
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS132 Words for Thought
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! You're right, she has just the right look on her sweet face. Thanks so much for joining us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is cool, great job, Wonderful and thank you for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love the lighted stars. Just gorgeous. Thank you for joining the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: