Followers

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Mummies and Spiders and Skulls, Oh My!

It’s officially the start of the 13 Days of Halloween festivities at Simply B Stamps where there are 13 fun challenges posted over October, all with a suitably gruesome Halloween theme.  The first one was to “make your own Creepy Background” and here is my effort featuring one from the vault, Jude Mummified, from the Teen Scene Halloween 2012 collection.

 
I’ve made an ATC, which will go onto a layout in a Halloween album I’m putting together, more on that later in the month.  To do up my background I’ve used some paper tape, distressed some cardstock and stamped on an image from IndigoBlu.  I really like how this turned out, especially how the spider is only just creeping on to the page, pretty nifty placement given it is a rubber stamp (no seeing where the image is located) and I stamped after I distressed.

To make up my ATC I followed the sketch at Feeling Sketchy, I swapped out the chevrons at the bottom for my sentiment sticker.  As this is going to a boy this Halloween I hope it is suitably male enough for the C...is for Challenge current challenge and, as a mummy is a mythical being (at least a walking one is) I’m also linking it up at Cards for Men.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks R02)
Lips E11
Eyes E35, 0
Hair T6, T8, T10, 100
Bandages W00, W1, W3
Embellishments
Carta Bella All Hallow's Eve Element Stickers
Echo Park Chillingsworth Manor Alpha Stickers
Papers
Glitz Sunshine in my Soul – Rays
Stamps
Challenges 


Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. oh this is fantastic... so proud of you for even allowing the spider to be ON the page! lol
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card...adorable mummy and extras.
    Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on this background. Love your project. Great job and thanks for joining in the Simply Betty 13 Days of Halloween Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific background and love the Jude mummy image! Too cute and perfect for embellishing a Halloween album!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love your watermark. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrifically spooky background! Love the background and all the elements!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card the background is fab! So glad you joined us for our Myth & Magic Challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great spooky background! Love the card, thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This background is really scary! Brrrrr... I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun image you have used with appropriately great papers. Thank you for playing along at Feeling Sketchy with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: