Followers

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Scissors, Paper, Rio

I’ve used another fun Halloween Rio on today’s project, this one is from the Simply B Stamps' 2012 Teen Scene Halloween collection, Rio Scissorhands.

 
There’s something slightly creepy about the thought of a person “made” from bits by someone and especially when they have scissors for hands.  Of course, in the movie Johnnie Deep injects a lot of pathos into the character and you can’t help but like Edward.  And so it is with Rio, she is too cute not to like.

So given the cute but creepy nature of my image I’m entering my card in the current challenge at Corrosive Challenges.  I managed to find a scissor charm in my enormous stash of metal embellies, I knew I had one in there somewhere, just took some digging to find it, and with that embellie I’m also linking this up at Craftitude’s current challenge with a ‘things being with the letter S’ theme.

To complete my card I followed the current sketch at Card Crafter’s Circle.  I love layering my cards and all the layers on this one let me show off a range of Halloween patterns on the paper I chose.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E11, E13, E21, E50, E51, (cheeks R02)
Hair T3, T5, T7, 100
Eyes E29, E37, 0
Lips R24, R46
Outfit & Shoes N2, N4, N6, N8, W1, W3, W5, 100
Scissors N0, N1, N2, Wink of Stella Clear & Silver
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Rhinestones – Orange
Scissor Charm from stash
Papers
We R Memory Keepers Heebie Jeebies – Ghastly, Orange Orbs & Spooky Pots
Ribbon
Halloween Ribbon from SBS Card Kit
Stamps
Challenges

Craftitude #50 – Anything Goes / Things beginning with the letter S
Update: My little card made the top three at Craftitude!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.... a fabulous take on our sketch this week.... I love the extra layers... and Edward Scissorhands (yeah, and Johnny Depp too!) Thanks for sharing with us at the Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: