Followers

Wednesday 16 July 2014

And sweet as English air could make her…



It’s Wednesday and that means a new sketch to play with over at the Outlawz and the card I’ve made with the sketch features Pink Rose and Shimmer Chiffon from our fabulous sponsor, The East Wind.


And here’s this week’s sketch.


With such a beautiful and feminine image I just had to go shabby with this card.  I inked the lovely Marianne die with Distress Ink in Tea Dye and then added in some gilding roughly with my finger and found the pretty Prima trim in my stash.  With all my shabbilicious elements I am entering this over at Fun with Shapes and More.

I only recently found and fell in love the Very Vintage Double Dot paper from BoBunny and scoured the ’net to find some.  It goes beautifully with the image and the shabby chic theme and is so very pretty, so I’m linking up my card over at Cute Card Thursday where their current theme is pretty papers.

The sketch only called for one embellie on each horizontal element but I wanted something more than just the three large flowers I used, I tried different smaller flowers but they were all too much.  Then I thought, what does this beautiful lady need to complete her outfit and I realised of course that she needed a fan.  I was sure I had some fan charms in my stash and sure enough I did, lovely large open ones and they were exactly what I needed to complete my card.  The current challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow calls for a charm so I am also entering my card over there.

Sure hope you’ll come join in the fun over at the Outlawz, there’s a different challenge for each day of the week and always loads of inspiration from the various DTs.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eye BG000, BG07
Lips R24, R29, R89
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Chiffon RV10, RV11, RV32, RV34, RV66
Roses G02, G05, G09, R24, R29, R89
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Marianne Designs Creatables ~ Petra’s Large Oval
Embellishments
Metal Fan Charms from stash
Mulberry Gardenias from stash
Prima Say it in Crystals Borders ~ Poetry
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Tea Dye, Wild Honey & Worn Lipstick
Papers
BoBunny Double Dot Designs Very Vintage ~ Passion Fruit
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. She is lovely and beautifully coloured. I love the fan charms. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, it looks like you had a great time working with this beautiful image and choosing wonderful embellishments! So glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow~ ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: