Followers

Saturday 1 November 2014

…as it doth float up from the damnéd Earth



This is my first post as a DT for PunkyouGirl and I’ve done a CAS card inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, our current theme.


I was trying to make it look like the raven was ripping pages from the book but I got confused on which page I needed, I was going to do the order the other way round but realised my raven stamp faced the wrong way!  I was also going to have my image, Poe Portrait from Simply B Stamps, featured on the page still in the book being ripped but it was way too small printed so you couldn’t see it.  If that had worked I’d have had another image printed on the ripped out page that matched a Poe story.

So this hasn’t really turned out how I planned at all.  I did like the sketch at the Fusion challenge and I think it still worked well for the improvised version.  I also didn’t want this to be colourful or bright, it was meant to be dark and sombre so I’ve stuck to mostly black and white, my book pages are a bit yellowy but that’s because they are supposed to be old.  As this is mostly black and white I am entering it in the current challenge at Crafting When We Can.

Ingredients:
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot & Walnut Stain
Papers
Core’dinations Cardstock ~ Black Cat & Great White
Kaisercraft Paper ~ Art of Life
Stamps
Echo Park ~ Spooky
Flourishes ~ So Distressed
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting take on the fusion challenge, thanks for joining us, good luck with all of the challenges!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous interpretation of the sketch! Thank you so much for joining in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation. Love the that the pages look like pages if that makes sense.

    thanks for playing along at CWWC this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: