Followers

Saturday 13 February 2016

The dim purpureal tresses gloomed athwart…



Today’s card is winging its way across the globe to a crafty friend for her birthday and features the beautiful Mixed Media PinUp from Little Blue Button Stamps.


So I thought I’d try colouring with Distress Reinkers but couldn’t go easy on myself for my first attempt as I decided I wanted to colour on vellum.  I am pretty happy with the result, happy enough to want to try this again.  My vellum is my “V” element for the challenge at Just Add Ink.  Its a bit hard to see the vellum in the photo, which I matted on white cardstock, but boy do you see all my smudges, so hard to keep a white card white!

My colour scheme is courtesy of Fussy and Fancy and their current recipe challenge which features the colours black, white and red.  The flower ingredient comes from the flower on my image and I’ve added lots of hearts with a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil.

To make up my card I’ve followed the very first sketch over at Paper Play Sketches.  I’m going CAS this year so instead of layers of paper for the elements I used stencilling and then added a quote stamp on an angle.  The stamp is embossed, it is a bit grungy as the cardstock is textured but I think that adds to the interest.  I’ve used one of Tim’s sentiment stamps for it, a fitting one for my friend who has gone through some really big challenges in the last couple of years.

Looking at it now I think I should have turned the horizontal hearts to be the right way up but all in all I am happy with the card.  It’s good to be exploring different ways to add interest to a card rather than just layering up on designer papers as I would ordinarily have done.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies ~ S4-116 Standard Circles Small & S4-114 Standard Circles Large
Inks & Paints etc
Inkssentials Emboss It! ~ Clear
Papers
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Red Devil
Christina Re Paper Couture ~ Transparent Paper
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Your coloring is so pretty. Thanks for linking up your project using our sketch at Paper Play Sketches.
    Our challenges are every other Wed. Link up as often as you’d like! Have a wonderful day!!
    Kimberly, DT Member :)
    Kimberly’s Craft Spot
    Paper Play Sketches, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Emily! Your colouring is gorgeous and I never would've guessed that you used distress ink - its a spectacular result and paired with a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring Emily! Distress inks are a fab medium for that and the result is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up your project at Paper Play Sketches. Now & then we will post some of the entries to our Facebook page. If you’d like to be tagged if we post your’s, please friend request me on Facebook HERE and like our page HERE!
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    Paper Play Sketches
    PDE Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW colouring on velum has such a beautiful effect!!
    Such a wonderful entry into our just add V challenge.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Thanks for linking up your project using our sketch at Paper Play Sketches. Our challenges are every other Wed. Link up as often as you’d like!
    Stacey, DT Member
    Stacey’s Creative Corner
    Paper Play Sketches, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card. The image is just beautiful!
    Thanks so much for linking up with us at Paper Play Sketches.
    Tanya ~ Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card! Thanks for linking up your project using our sketch at Paper Play Sketches. Our challenges are every other Wed. Link up as often as you’d like!
    Theresa, DT Member
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations
    Paper Play Sketches, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring skills are incredible, especially the way you coloured the woman's hair, its gorgeous!! And love how you have your sentiment on an angle for a bit of interest. So very glad you shared this with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely image and great colouring . I love how you have used our recipe to create your design . Thanks for joining in with our Fussy and Fancy Challenge...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really like your twist on the sketch. your sentiment is a favourite of mine too. thank you for sharing with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx
    craf-ther.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful image and love what you have done with it here.
    Your colouring on vellum is perfect and the sentiment really does go so well with it. Thanks for joining in with our 'Recipe' challenge at Fussy and Fancy this week and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: