Followers

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Admittedly a few birds did act strange…



I’ve gone Bird Crazy again for a male birthday card, love these little birds from Tim Holtz.


The recipient is old-fashioned and still writes everything with pen and paper so I’ve teamed the bird with the pencil (no pen) from the Crazy Things set.  My colour scheme comes from the current challenge at Cupcake Inspirations of grass, white and sky.  I’ve used several shades of Distress Ink blues and greens in my card and lots of white.

To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch at Sunday Stamps.  I just thought I’d challenge myself to make this a one layer card in keeping with the theme over at CAS on Sunday so a fair bit of masking happening.  I went a bit off on the placement of the pencil though so had to add in some extra black lines to the wing.  My sentiment is handwritten (in keeping with the pencil and recipient) and finishes off the oval shape around the bird.  The two banner elements were made using the same stencil (going for a chicken wire type effect), one using regular stencilling the other colour using Tim’s monoprint technique.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ S4-110 Classic Ovals Large
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Layering Stencil ~ THS005 Honeycomb
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Mermaid Lagoon & Mowed Lawn
Papers
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz ~ CMS212 Bird Crazy & CMS237 Crazy Things
Challenges
Sunday Stamps #120 ~ It’s a Sketch!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and just love those crazy birds which you've colored fabulously!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, lovely coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever to have him hold a little pencil, so cute!!! I love this cute bird...those crazy eyes! Hee Hee Your coloring is beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations!
    DT Sweetie Naki

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! Love your little bird, perfectly created! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv this Emily! sweet thoughts behind your card, jusr FAB! so glad you played along with sunday stamps challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun take on the sketch, love that bird!

    Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card! And I like the little pencil he's holding. Thanks so much for playing along with our colours at Cupcake Inspirations. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever
    that little bird with pencil so cuutee
    and clever use our sketch too
    great card
    thanks for joining us this time at Sunday Stamps...see you again tomorrow :)
    hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes those birds are awesome. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: