Followers

Saturday 16 July 2016

But a birthday, I always feel, is a great occasion…



I needed a male birthday card so I turned to my trusty Bird Crazy stamps from Tim Holtz to make one up.


For inspiration on my layout I used the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  To create the line element I stamped out a sentiment from the Crazy Talk set.  I didn’t want to leave the background completely white and the ink splatters theme at Creative with Stamps gave me the idea of adding a party popper.  My placement of my ink splats wasn’t so great though as my party popper is at a bit of a funny angle for my crazy bird to have really popped it!

Because I am invariably terrible at picking colours the colour scheme for my card comes from the current challenge at Stampin’ Royalty.  I didn’t have the Stampin’ Up colours so I’ve substituted.  Unfortunately mint seems to mean every type of green known to man but on screen at least Tim’s Cracked Pistachio seemed to be a pretty good match.  You’d have thought navy blue would have been easier to match but my Chipped Sapphire had a tendency to turn a bit purple when dry so I added a bit of Dina Wakley Night in Archival Ink to darken up my blue.

I popped my somewhat drunkenly placed party popper off the page with a 3D Zot and added in some baker’s twine for the pull string as my only real embellishment on my card.  Loving a CAS crazy bird for a male birthday card!

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Classic Cardstock ~ Nautical Blue Dark
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ White
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS212 Bird Crazy, CMS236 Crazy Talk & CMS237 Crazy Things
Challenges
Freshly Made Sketches ~ Sketch #245
Stampin’ Royalty #338 ~ Colour (Blue, White & Mint)
 
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your sentiment strip! The fun way you've done it, along with the splatter, is just perfect behind the fun little bird. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card. I have this set and yet to use it.. I need to break out those crazy birds. Your card the sentiment behind is perfect and the ink spots are perfect where they are. And I like it just being in blue.. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.

    Billie A
    Creative with Stamps
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that crazy bird and his party popper! What a brilliant interpretation of our theme for July. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative with Stamps, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. what a fun card! i am sure the recipient will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun card!!! Great take on the challenge!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: