Followers

Sunday 24 July 2016

The next moment the day became very bothering indeed…



The card I’m sharing today features a retired image from Strömstad Scrapbooking, the adorable Birdie with Elephant Sorry.


I’ve made up my card following the sketch at SugarPea Designs and taken inspiration from the sprinkles on the image to make a shaker card.  I didn’t have any sequins to add to my shaker mix so I made my own using Elizabeth Craft Shimmer Sheetz and punches.

My colour palette comes from the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I am not so great picking colour combos, I knew I wanted to use yellow as the recipient loves yellow so this palette was just perfect especially given my chosen image.  I used the best matches I had for the colours and used a Stampin’ Up to Copic colour chart created by Judy May to select the colours to use on my image.

Over at Cards 4 Galz they are looking for projects with no patterned paper, which my CAS card is certainly devoid of so I am entering my card there.  To finish it off I stamped my sentiment in Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  It was a little small so I used the swirl from one of the stamps in the Close To My Heart Holiday Commentary set to fill the space on my flag diecut.  Finished off with a resin flower in the closest colour I had to taupe.

Ingredients:
Copics
Bird BG09, Y11, Y15, Y19, YR12, YR18, 0
Elephant BG09, E40, E41, E42, E44, 0
Chalks & Powders etc
Tim Holtz Distress Glitter ~ Mustard Seed
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Fiskars Punches ~ Circles, Heart & Star
Embellishments
Resin Flower from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ Black
Papers
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Blue Calypso & Glow
Stamps
Close To My Heart ~ C1379 Holiday Commentary (retired)
Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps ~ Kimmie’s Sympathy Set (retired)
Strömstad Scrapbooking ~ Birdie with Elephant Sorry (retired)
Challenges
SugarPea Designs #8 ~ Mix It Up Challenge

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What a super cute image and a fabulous shaker strip. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The elephant and little birdie are darling! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image; love the shaker. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, such a sad little eleflump!
    Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making your own shaker sprinkles and I love your gorgeous sorrowful elephant image! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely adorable ellie! Great job on the shaker style! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card, beautifully coloured too. I especially like the shaker panel and placement. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is the little elephant - what a great design. Thanx for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz this time.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful image! Fabulous use of the sketch and such a great idea to make a shaker. Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: