Followers

Thursday 14 July 2016

You are pulled from the wreckage…


My card today features the beautiful Rose Angel from Aurora Wings.


It is going out to a crafty friend who has a lot of sorrowful and stressful things happening in her life at the moment to let her know she is not alone.  We all need a bit of encouragement every now and then and that is the very thoughtful theme over at Crazy 4 Challenges.

I wanted to make my card special and somehow make the angel look a bit like she was floating in a cloud of roses.  The current theme of an easel card at Glitter ‘N’ Sparkle led me to using acetate and the card fold to try and achieve that look.  Too bad it is almost impossible to photograph well!

To do my layout I actually followed the current sketch over at Sketch Saturday.  Actually I used it twice but it is probably more prominent in the base of my card.  In trying to cover the base of the image and some glue overrun I didn’t quite get a circle shape with the roses, not like the clear large circle element on the base.  The use of pearls in the random circle elements for the sketch was inspired by the make it pearly theme at Unicorn Challenge, while my colour choice was inspired by the challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.  I’d say my card is pretty fancy to meet the other element to their challenge too.
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Lips E04
Hair E35, E50, YR24, YR31
Outfit BV20, E70, E71, R0000, R000, R00, RV11
Wings BG0000, BG000, C00, 0
Roses E04, R56, R59
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
DooHickey Die ~ Edwin Lace
Little Darlings Die ~ #8003 Dewdrop Circle
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die ~ S4-116 Standard Circles Small
Embellishments
Flourish With A Bling ~ Pearls Rose Pink
I Am Roses ~ ½'' Cottage Roses (R8-15), ¾'' Cottage Roses (ZR3-15) & 1'' Cottage Roses (ZR6-15)
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Foxy
Maja Design CreaDiem ~ Kärleken Övervinner Allt (Love Conquers Everything) & Sann Vänskap (True Friendship)
Stamps
Challenges
Unicorn Challenge #11 ~ Make It Pearly
 
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. what a lovely gesture and such a sweet creation. thank you for sharing it with us at the FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful and I'm sure your friend appreciated it very much! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. love all the pearl detail. Thanks for sharing with us this month. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful reminder that even when we feel alone, we are not. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing at Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the use of acetate on your card and how you used it. Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: