Followers

Sunday 4 December 2016

I’m twelve. But I’ve been twelve for a long time.



I’m sharing a card today I made with Club Kid from KennyK Stamps as a birthday card for my niece.


My card has been constructed based on inspiration from various challenges.  I’m not great with layouts or colours so I always go searching for sketch and colour challenges once I’ve selected my image.  For this card, my layout follows the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, it’s been a year of CAS for me and when crafting with limited time CAS is just perfect.  To keep my card CAS I’ve used minimal layers and instead provided interest with various mediums. 

The inspiration over at Inkspirational really helped to add that interest; they’re looking for CAS with sparkle cards.  When I saw that theme I decided to add the circle element with embossing powder and the rectangular element with some sparkly epoxy stickers and gems.  As this is going out to a tween I wanted something a bit fancier than your regular CAS card and the added bit of sparkle was just perfect.

I’ve taken colour inspiration for my card from Color Throwdown, which offered a fun set of colours for a tween.  I did add white (a neutral so doesn’t count) and skin and hair colours on my image (which hopefully will be overlooked).  I think the three inspirational elements worked well together to create a great tween card.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E21, G03
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BG000, BG09, BG53, BG57, N4, N6, N8, V05, V06, V09, YG17, YG23, YG25, YG67, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Embellishments
Creative Memories Epoxy Stickers ~ Enchanted (retired)
Darice Gems ~ Clear (coloured with YG25 Copic)
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Stamps
Stampin’ Up! ~ Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired)
The Scrapbook Diaries Stamps ~ Beauty and Grunge November 2014 Georgia Heald Circles
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. You are like me - I need some help with each card - a sketch, colors, something!! Once something is in front of me, I can do it! You've created a great combination of the image with the gems across the center. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun use of the sketch and colors! Sweet image! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unusual and clever design - beautifully coloured and fantastically cas. I love how you used the gems.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: