Followers

Sunday 20 April 2014

Pieces of eight


The fun SBS Fan Page images this month were pirate wenches and Canon Pirate Betty was too cute not to colour up.


Now while this follows the challenge requirement to include a skull I’ve actually made this up as a get well card for one of my SBS DT teamie’s mother.  Arr, ye heard me right me hearties, this is a get well card.  Just look inside…


Just hoping Mrs Green has as keen a sense of fun as her daughter Tanja!  Now to make up the card I’ve followed a sketch from my favourite sketch challenge over at Outlawz, it worked perfectly for a pirate theme.  It also allowed me to pile on the layers, I just love layers, the weight of a handmade card is part of the charm for me.  And with all these layers I’m entering this in the current challenge at Sweet Stampin’.

The sketch had a bow but I swapped that out for my pieces of eight gold coin, I secured that down tight with a brad as I didn’t want to offend Mrs Green with the engraving on the back of the coin.  Not sure why it says what it says but I liked the front and this way no one is any the wiser for what’s on the back.  The current challenge at Stempelsonnen requires brands or eyelets so I am linking this up there.

I also thought the Baker’s Twine suited the theme, kinda rope like, and the burlap ribbon also worked in well as an old fashioned sailing ship would have had lots of sacks stowed below deck.  Burlap is also the current theme over at Brown Sugar so I’m also entering this there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E11, E13, E21, E50, E51 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E23, Y26, 0
LipsR46, R59
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit R22, R24, R29, R46, R59, R89, T4, T6, T8, 100
Canon and Canon Balls N4, N6, N8, W3, W5, W7, W10, 100
Embellishments
Gem Brad from stash
Kaisercraft Sparklets ~ Rouge
Inks & Paints etc 
Spica ~ Gold & Red
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Barn Door, Chipped Sapphire, Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Papers
Fancy Pants Down by the Shore ~ Anchors Away & Striped Towel
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice & Scarlet
Prima Cartographer ~ Faire Un Voyage
Ribbons & Trims etc
Burlap Ribbon from stash
Baker’s Twine from stash
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Was für eine coole Karte! Great job!
    Danke für eine Teilnahme an der SsC "Brads oder Eyeletts".
    Happy Easter!
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!! Die Karte ist Mega stark!
    Toll coloriert und das Motiv ist ja süß!

    Danke das Du bei der SsC mitmachst

    liebe Grüeße
    Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fun layered design. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww, coole Karte!
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme an der SsC.

    LG, Claudia - Zotty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das ist ja ganz bezaubernd geworden
    Hab lieben Dank für Deine Teilnahme der Stempelsonne
    Grüßle Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily! I kill two birds with one stone this time ;) I love your take on our sketch over at The Outlawz, and I love how you included burlap to go along with the Brown Sugar Challenge :D As always, your coloring is just AMAZING!!!! Thanks for joining both The Outlawz and Brown Sugar this week :D :D

    Lisbeth, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: