Followers

Saturday 26 April 2014

…the oyster’s autobiography


Have you seen the Tuesday Solos over at Simply B Stamps?  If not this beauty is sure to tempt you to go look, she is Octopearl Betty.


Now I’ve cropped her down to work with the sketch I followed from Sketch n’ Dies, which was just perfect for showing Octopearl Betty off and also allowed for the sentiment, which comes with the images, to be framed just so.  For the frames I’ve used my Nesties, I also used them to cut around both the image and sentiment before distressing the circles.  With all my distressing I’m entering this over at Make My Monday for their current challenge.

There’s loads of distressing and shabby chic goodness on this project so I’m also entering it in the current Inky Chicks’ challenge.  Showcasing this beauty from the deep with her precious pearl I had to embellish with some pearls and I couldn’t go past some lush lace also.  I coloured up the latter with my Copic Various Inks to match the purple and blue colour scheme.  The current challenge over at Fussy and Fancy is for both pearls and lace so I’m linking this up there.

Being a shabby chic project I couldn’t help but get out my sewing machine to stitch my layers together.  Unfortunately I was a bit wonky with my second row of stitching so to help hide the fault I’ve Fran-taged over the stitched lines a bit but you can still see the stitching (real) so I’m also entering this at Deep Ocean.

Now I’m sure you can see this isn’t a card at all but a box.  It actually started life as a biscuit box which I’ve decorated up to fill with crafting goodies for a gift.  I think it turned out looking beautiful and I love the shape of the box and the slightly rough texture to it.  Nothing better than turning a bit of trash into a treasure and I’m entering my altered biscuit box in the current challenge at Altered Eclectics.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B91, B95, 0
Lips RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99
Hair V91, V93, V95, RV99
Dress BV02, BV04, BV13, BV17
Oyster BV20, BV23, BV25
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Chunky White, Shabby Blue & Shabby White
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Grand Circles, Grand Stately Circles, Standard Circles & Stately Circles
Embellishments
Flourish with a Bling Pearls ~ Pearl
Mulberry Flowers from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Picket Fence
Papers
Magnolia Sweet Crazy Love ~ Calla of Paris, Vintage Plum & Vintage Turquoise
Ribbons & Trims etc
FabScraps Bead Ribbon ~ Pearl
Lace from stash
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful thanks for joining us at sketch 'n dies and good luck
    Hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a lovely take on the sketch. you have done such a great job by adding all of the little pearls and other treats. I have just bought some frantage, so need to give it a try.

    I saw your project when I was adding mine to the links at Sketch 'n Dies.

    enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project. Thank you for joining us at Sketch N'Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful topper to your old biscuit box!
    thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: