Followers

Monday 14 April 2014

Be not sick too late, nor well too soon



I have the honour of being a guest DT  at Through the Purple Haze challenge this month and today is my first post for this week’s anything goes challenge featuring an image from the sponsor Lacy Sunshine’s Sadie.

Now did you think that I didn’t colour up Sadie?  Surely not, for that wouldn’t have been much fun and this is definitely a fun card.  All it takes is to pull gently on the handle on the top to give Sadie back her colour.
 

Pretty clever, isn’t it?

 
I followed a tutorial from Keren of Altered Ego; Keren has been kind enough to post up tutorials and patterns for a range of fab card designs.  Go check out her blog and her great take on this secret slider card.

To make up my card I took some inspiration from Die Cut Diva’s where they have an inspirational photo posted as their challenge theme.  Being an Aussie myself the colours of the rosellas and bush were very familiar and worked well for a get well card.

I’ve used my favourite embellies, flowers, to make up my card.  Lovely sunny coloured ones to help brighten someone’s day who is feeling, well, off colour.  With my flowers I am entering my card in the current challenges at Allsorts and Sweet Stampin’ (got the stamp part covered too).

Hopefully my card has inspired you to try something a bit different, even if it is just a different type of card like mine.  If so, why not join in the fun over at Through the Purple Haze.  The current challenge will run for a week and, as always, there are some lovely prizes on offer.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B00, B05, 0
Lips R24, R46
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Dress Y11, Y13, Y15, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Bigz & Textured Impressions ~ Antique Handles
Embellishments
Prima Say it in Pearls ~ Green
Prima Shabby Chic Resin Treasures ~ Dell’Arte
Prima Vintage Trinkets ~ Tea-Thyme
Inks & Paints etc
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst ~ Wake Me Up Before You Go Gold
Smooch Spritz ~ Emerald Sprinkle
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Vintage Photo
Papers
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely a stunning piece of work, its lovely and so well documented...thank you so much for joining us..

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEK! this is adorable, Emily! I've only tried this type of card once but you've inspired me to try again. Really love your coloring and the sentiment is just perfect. Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is lovely and just perfect for my Spring Blossoms theme, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x (I have a Grand Calibur to be won here )

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful creation, thanks for joining our challenge at Allsorts, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought to put the image on a dark background, but you've done wonders and made her POP.

    Thank you for mentioning Die Cut Divas as a source of inspiration. I must let Paula know a fellow Aussie was inspired by her photo.

    So glad you joined our challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous Emily. so pleased Paula's photo inspired your colouring. And what an awesome technique. Just lovely. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily this is gorgeous, thank you for us hazelnuts this week as out guest DT.

    Wendy DT TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Lovely coloring of the image!

    Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for guest designing with us this week at Through the Purple Haze! It has been wonderful having you this week and your surprise tag is awesome!! Love your creativity!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so sweet and love the card what a fantastic idea awesome coloring as always you are so talenetd ! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: