Followers

Saturday 9 July 2016

I begin to love this little creature…


I’m sharing a card I made for a colleague heading off to have her baby shortly featuring a sweet pregnancy image, Mother To Be 1, from Mo’s Digital Pencil.

My card follows the current sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I had to flip the sketch as I needed a vertical oval to fit my image so I shifted the placement of the sentiment to match.

Baby stuff always makes me think of gingham and there was lots of it in the Double “D” inspiration image.  I was wondering how to incorporate that into my card until I saw the current theme at Moving Along with the Times of no designer paper.  Got out my trusty Tim Holtz stamp and the lovely and baby soft Fran-tage and voilà one lovely ginghamy background.

As Ive created my own background I am also entering this in the challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  Thanks for the tip, Darlene!

To finish off my card I added in a sweet teddy bear button and an appropriate sentiment from Tim’s Small Talk stickers.  I cut the saying in half and cut in notches on the ends before inking with blue and adhering to my card.

Over at Crafty Musketeers they are looking for projects to do with babies, which mine certainly is so I’m linking up my card there.  As I also have a Mo image I am entering my card in the current challenge at DP2.
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E30, E31, E33, E50 (E02 cheeks)
Lips R24
Hair N4, N6, N8, N10
Outfit N4, N6, N8, N10, R01, R02, R05, R08, R24, R46, R59, YG11, YG13, YG17, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die ~ S4-110 Classic Oval Large
Embellishments
Jesse James Button It Up ~ Stuffed With Love
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Baby Blue Medium
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS243 Plaid & Nordic
Challenges
DP2 #265 ~ Anything Goes with a Mo image...
Moving Along with the Times #4 ~ No Designer Papers
Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Create your own background
 
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your background turned out beautifully! What a sweet creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Simply Gingham’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!
    P. S. This beauty also fits the 'Create Your Own Background' challenge going on until the 12th at The Sisterhood of Crafters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO GLAD you came to the Sisterhood to share this beauty! FANTASTIC creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo does draw the perfect images! Very cute card - love the subtle gingham background too - Thanks for joining in at DD's~

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Your coloring, that sweet image, your sentiment....this is sure to be treasured. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have colored this sweet image so beautifully! And your gingham background is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww lovely card thank you for joining us at crafting musketeers
    Hugs Paula dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: