Followers

Friday 6 December 2013

Have Yourself a Steampunking Christmas



It’s challenge time at Simply Steampunk Challenges and our theme is “anything Steampunk”.  I’m featuring the very handsome, Romance Mercius, from Simply B Stamps Steampunk Romance collection.


One of my awesome teamies, Lisa, has been making some simply stunning Christmas cards with these images and she inspired me to also do a Christmas themed project.  For some years now I have made Christmas ornaments for friends, I was a bit lost for inspiration this year but I think I’ve found my ornament of choice.

It was easy-peasy to make, just a sheet of copper (the kind you buy to do copper art with), that I ran through my Cuttlebug.  Being a Steampunk themed ornament I had to use a Tim Holtz Pocket Watch Frame die.  I turned up the edges and filled the inside with Diamond Glaze then threw in a whole lot of watch parts.  To make it more festive I added a star embellishment and a Christmas present charm, all in metal of course.  The addition of the fabulous image, drawn by the uber-talented Abigail Larson, and some twine to hang it and I was done.

So won’t you grab your favourite Steampunk image and come play?  There’s an awesome prize up for grabs and an easy theme of anything Steampunk, we’d love to see what you create.

Being a decoration, I am entering this in the current challenges at the Cheerful Stamp Pad and Stamps & Fun = Creativity.  I’m also linking it at the current Christmas themed challenge at Feeling Crafty.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks & lips R02)
Outfit BG93, BG96, G85, G99, N0, N2, N4, N6, N8, 100
Heart R24, R29, R46, R59
Dies
Sizzix Tim Holtz Pocket Watch Frame
Embellishments
Glass Heart Bead from stash
Watch Parts from stash
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea, Emily! Such a creative way to use the die. Such great bits and bobs you added and Mercius gives me hart palpitations. He's sooo handsome and you've colored him fabulously! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project thanks for joining in at Feeling Crafty and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you, dear lady, I'm happy I can inspire someone!

    This is such an AWESOME, awesome ornament!! Love everything about it, and you have such a creative, think outside of the box, mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily what can I say this is amazing your work is always an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this super creation for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 74: let's decorate - Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice thanks for joining us at sfc

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool, and such a brilliant idea! Thank you for playing along with the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: