Followers

Sunday 22 January 2017

And calmly fell our Christmas-eve



I’m sharing another Christmas card and this one features a coloured image too, Snowfall Kaylee from Some Odd Girl to be precise.


I didn’t really make a resolution to be more organised with my Christmas cards but the Christmas card mojo has just sort of taken hold.  I suspect it might be the fun themes at some of the Christmas themed challenge blogs.  Like the current one at Christmas Card Throwdown, which was a colour combo that I have to say I just loved!  There was a real challenge to it though as you were only allowed to use the three colours, cream, aqua and brown.  So I changed up my skin tone combo to a more cream one and pulled out all of the cream and brown and aqua stuff I could find that was somewhat Christmassy.

To make it even harder I also wanted to play along at Jingle Belles where they were looking for stickers, mostly because I love their clever challenge titles!  Now don’t get me wrong, I have a ton of stickers and they were easier to look through now I’ve sorted them into neat little pouches.  But that really didn’t help the situation when I was short on stickers in those colours and almost completely lacking in Christmas stickers.  So I improvised and picked up the cream border bit from an old Carta Bella Alpha sheet and hit gold, um, well, aqua, with a sticker sheet from an Oh Deer Me kit, I’ve not subscribed for years so this has been a long stashed item.  I had to cut these stickers down though as they were really big rectangles and the sentiment wouldn’t have fit.  I’m also claiming my Doodlebug sprinkles as stickers, they are self-adhesive and embellies so really they meet the main criteria of a sticker.

Edna is asking you to dig through your stash and find those items you look at and ask “why did I buy that?”.  You really have to go check out the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers if for no other reason but to discover they really do make poo emoji dies, yes, yes, they really do!  Now I don’t have anything like that in my stash but I do have an enormous amount of BoBunny Snowfall papers, like a good 25 each of three different designs.  Yep, 25 each of those gorgeous papers.  Why do I ask myself “why did you buy that?” when they are so gorgeous?  Well, because I live in Australia, near Sydney, basically in a place where if it ever snows I’ll be in my own Ice Age movie.  I’ve seen snow fall once in my life and been to the snowfields maybe three times (we’re talking when I was a kid a good 30 years ago).  So how much snowflake paper can a person who lives nowhere near snow need?  I can tell you a good 74 pages less than I have (now Ive used one on this card).  I loved the stuff, the glittery snowflakes on one side and the colours so I bought it and I put it in my stash and every time I sorted my papers I thought, what the heck am I ever going to do with this stuff?  Well now I know why I bought, just so I could meet Edna’s challenge and because it was the perfect colour for the colour combo over at Christmas Card Throwdown.  You really don’t get the crafty stars aligning like that too often; I’d call it a Christmas miracle alongside me having three Christmas cards down and it being only the third week in January! 


Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E42, E50, E51, E53 (E11 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E33, E35, E37, 0
Mouth E11
Hair E25, E27, E29, E93, E95
Outfit BG09, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG32, BG49, E30, E31, E34, E35, E57, E70, E71, E74, E77, E79
Embellishments
Carta Bella Beautiful Moments ~ Alpha Stickers
CraftMedley Cup Sequins Pailettes ~ Dazzling Metallics
Freckled Fawn ~ April 2014 Oh Deer Me Kit Alpha Stickers
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Milkshake & Waterfall
BoBunny Snowfall ~ Flakes
Couture Creations ~ Acetate Sheet
Stamps
Some Odd Girl ~ Snowfall Kaylee (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, and on top of that your post makes a damn fine read, I'm smiling from ear to ear. And yes, I share your envy of Sister Donna's poo emoji die, and would love a look inside the mind of the person who created it (but from a safe distance, please)
    Thanks for being the first to join in the fun this time at the Sisterhood
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You rocked the colours! I love the image - she's fun and funky and beautifully coloured. This is a super Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown. Deborah, DT.

    PS - I so enjoyed reading your post! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you for joining us for our current challenge at the home of the poo emoji, otherwise know as The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! Your card is lovely, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. Great take on all the challenges. I enjoyed reading your post too. Soo funny and I can totally relate on "some" points. Love your colouring too. Hugs from Slovenia, Keti

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he he he...being from a land of snow I can tell you it is somewhat over-rated and by February I am ready to see the sun for more than a few hours at a time.
    Glad I am not the only one who appreciates a good poop emoji die LOL
    (lemme know if you want me to send you some!!)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at the sisterhood of snarky stampers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the...um, sweet offer but you know I had to google and buy them when I saw them so there's a set on their way to me!

      Delete
  6. oh how i LOVE this, especially the way you've made the items in your stash work PERFECTLY for a few different challenges!!! massive bonus points for finding non-xmas alphabet stickers which i think look AWESOME on this and make the colors work with our sticker-based celebration at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautifully coloured (I was going to say 'rocked' too but Deborah got their first)and the image is perfect with the sequins. My crafty stars rarely align so I appreciate your miracle.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really make our colour combo look great with this card, Kaylee's jacket and hat are so beautiful. I'm glad you managed to make it all come together, and used some of your stash at the same time. I think I'd struggle to make Christmas cards without snow and snowflakes, they're my go to images! I'm in the UK, we don't get that much snow but think I can get away with it! Thanks so much for joining in with the Christmas Card Throwdown. Lucinda (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think the crafty stars have ever aligned for me the way they have for you with this card! Everything's so well-matched, and you even used one of your 75 (75!!!) sheets of Y? paper! Terrific card. I know you'll think of the Sistahs when your poop dies arrive in the mail. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that your long-ago-stash has finally found a home ... awesome use of those alphabet stickers ... so glad you got *sticky* with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fantastic card! Love the colors, your use of stickers and neglected papers and your coloring is, as always, amazing! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could use a bit more snow this year, as most of ours fell before Christmas and is now gone. Were you going to make Christmas cards with all of those snowflake papers? Or was it just new paper contact high? Love your sequins as snowflakes, but may just be a bit concerned over the brown sequins after being introduced to Sister Donna's poo emoji Thanks for playing along with the Y did I buy that challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well, yes, I didn't think about brown snowflakes and poop emoji connections! No plans for the paper, was just too pretty not to buy :-P

      Delete
  13. What an awesome card! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really nailed that color combination and with such a beautiful Christmas card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: