Followers

Sunday 8 January 2017

Peachy keen, jellybean



I’m sharing a card today made for a friend’s birthday featuring Joanie from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps and a sentiment from the Way with Words set by Tim Holtz.


I made the background using Distress Inks before stamping the sentiment in black ink and then going over with clear embossing powder to give a bit of a wet, shiny look.  This is my year of shaker cards so I added an acetate layer to turn this into a very traditional shaker.  Over at Naughty or Nice they are ringing in the new year with a “new” challenge.  For me the sequin mix was new bought late last year and opened for this card.  The stamps were both new, well, the Joanie one isn’t so new but she’s never had ink on her before and the Way with Words set was new out of the packet, another late 2016 purchase.

Now NordSalten HobbyKlubb is asking for projects featuring something you are best at making.  For me I would say that is cards with coloured images, I colour a lot and I continually strive to improve my colouring.  I’m also always most happy with my colouring on a project, probably because if I’m not first go I can restart again, I don’t always have that luxury with the bases.

As I have made this into a shaker with lovely but contained confetti I am also entering it in the current challenge at the The Paper Girls.

To finish of the card I added some sequins to the frame corners as it looked a bit bear and some bling.  The sentiment called for bling as did Joanie with her whole “look at me” attitude!  I echoed the colours of the sequins that didn’t feature in the background, that is, the turquoise and silver in Joanie’s outfit .

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B000, B05
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair E99, Y21, YR23, YR24
Outfit BG09, BG53, BG57, C1, C3, C5, N5, N7, N9, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Embellishments
Close To My Heart ~ Bitty Gems
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ 0.5 Black
Tsukineko Memento Ink ~ Desert Sand
Papers
Pion Design Palette Cardstock ~ Purple III
Stamps 
Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps ~ Joanie (retired)
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS165 Way with Words 
Challenges 


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh what a gorgeous shaker card Joanie! I LOVE your colour theme :)
    Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the colors of your shaker card and the sentiment is spot on! Just awesome! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenge! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fab card! I love your colouring and just about everything else too - what a beauty! Thanks so much for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background colours... and your colouring! This is one awesome card. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Joanie! Your coloring is fantastic - I am really loving all the details you've put into this. Thank you so much for playing along with us Paper Girls for our confetti challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a seriously cool card! Love the colors, great sentiment and that image. :)
    Have a great day, Joanie...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: