Followers

Friday 27 January 2017

So just dance, dance, dance, come on



I’m sharing a birthday card I did up using Feel the Music Rio from Simply B Stamps.


My card design follows the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I ended up going with the circles in the sketch as I couldn’t size a music note to fit, mostly because I wanted them to be a shaker element and you need a somewhat reasonable sized object to create one.

It was still a bit of a struggle to get the shaker element in and I almost gave up on the sketch to do it but I don’t step away from a challenge.  It just wouldn’t be a challenge otherwise, right?  I mean I could have just scattered the sequins around and still linked this up over at City Crafter for their confetti challenge but I wanted those shakers.  We just won’t talk about how long it took to add foam tape round those small circles or indeed get the backing off said foam tape!

For my colour scheme I’ve gone with the palette from Paper Craft Crew, where I’ve used all four colours.  Love to layer my cardstock, the weight it gives a card is part of what says to me it is handmade (worth every cent of the extra $5 it cost to post!), and its a great way to bring in colour without adding designer paper.  This card is going out to a grungy girlie girl (hence the pink eye shadow and Frankenstein shirt) and the colours worked really well for that.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Lips & Mouth E04, R01, R02, R56, R59
Hair E42, E44, E47, E49
Eye shadow RV00, RV11, RV32
Outfit FYG1, N6, N8, N10, V91, V93, V95, V99, YG01, YG03, YG05
Music Player BG000
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies ~ S4-116 Standard Circles Small & S4-114 Standard Circles Large
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Ranger Archival Ink Dina Wakley Media ~ Ruby
Papers
Core’dinations Tim Holtz Collection Kraft-Core Metallic ~ Silver
Stamps
Darkroom Door ~ DDTS023 Sheet Music
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun card, Emily! And a double shaker card at that! I love me a shaker card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week! Crystal, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty shaker card and perfect for our challenge! And your colouring is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Emily. I really love the image you've used and your Shakers. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever shaker card this is and such a fun design. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your mini-shakers! What a fun accent and great with your girl loving her music. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! What a great design! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you're not a quitter or I'd never have gotten to see this beautiful card! All your labor on those shakers has not gone to waste! This is truly a spectacular design... above and beyond "just a handmade card". This is art. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable! I love that she's just jamming out to her music. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. Christyne - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, Gorgeous card and love the details. I also love the "weight" of a handmade card and how the extra cost of mailing is so worth it in my mind. The shakers are very clever and fun fitting so well with your theme. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew and look for your card to be featured on our Top Picks blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: