Followers

Monday 16 January 2017

…and I shall feel thee guarding me…



I’m sharing a card today featuring Angel from The East Wind.


The beautiful image was just perfect for a sympathy card and this one is heading out to a friend.  To help me make up my card I’ve followed the colour challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  I substituted Distress Inks for the Stampin’ Up! colours listed.  I used the Bermuda Bay (Evergreen Bough in Distress Inks) and Sweet Sugarplum (Victorian Velvet) for the dress and picked up the So Saffron (Scattered Straw) in the angel’s hair.  I added in some Twinklings H2Os for shine with more Evergreen Bough on the wings.  My neutrals are the skin tone and the white on the card.  I did have the right Stampin’ Up! cardstock so I used Sweet Sugarplum as a mat.

Over at Allsorts they are looking for wings on things, which my angel has so I am entering my card in their challenge.  I wanted to keep this fairly CAS but I thought it needed a bit of something, cue the bling courtesy of the prompt from Mod Squad, I’ve used rhinestones in matching colours to the image.

Its really hard to see in the photo but I foiled the image before I coloured it, when held in the light it gives a lovely shine to the outline.  The sentiment was also foiled in teal to match the dress.

Ingredients:
Embellishments
Close To My Heart Bitty Gems ~ Champagne
Kaisercraft Rhinestones ~ Antique Rose
Inks & Paints etc
Twinkling H2Os ~ Oyster
Papers
Royal Langnickel Paper ~ Watercolor 160gsm
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Perfectly lovely and whimsical! I adore your image and that fabulous sentiment. The simple bitty rhinestone accents look amazing! This is perfect....just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful angel! She is perfect for colouring with the Watercooler Challenge colours. You have used just the right amount of accents with the rhinestones. Thanks for playing along with the Watercooler Colour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, Emily. You've used distress inks that are very close to Jean's challenge colours, as proved by the way the Sweet Sugerplum matte is the same as the Angel's dress. What an uplifting sympathy card! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards are hard to do, I know I've had to do three in the past few weeks. Your card is simply stunning. I'm glad you were able to use the colours at the Watercooler challenge as a guide and the Sweet Sugarplum matte sets your image off beautifully. I'm a big fan of H2O's for that added bit of subtle glam. Thanks for joining us for this challenge. Hope you'll play along again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and a beautiful image. Colouring looks lovely too.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Wings on Things' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: