Followers

Sunday 14 May 2017

Eep! Omigosh!



Last card from today’s crafting is a fun one featuring a number of images from Kenny K Stamps; Big Surprise, Total Drama, What If and Wise Guy.


This card is going out to a male friend who is older than me and will always be older than me so I can keep doing up cards ribbing him about his age.  Helps that he has a good sense of humour and, as he also is a bit of a comic geek, I know he’ll be more pleased than offended to receive this card.

Over at CAS-ual Fridays they are celebrating their sixth birthday by looking for six items on a birthday card.  So that meant I needed six panels and images on my birthday comic.  Just as well Kenny K Stamps have quite a few comic strip images.  The birthday cake was a Kate Hadfield Designs freebie with a magazine, which I cropped the candles out of and duplicated multiple times to go with my storyline.

The colour scheme of the background, the cake and the title ‘Scotto’ were chosen to match the recipient’s footy team colours.  When I’d coloured everything else up I realised I had a lot of white space left around the last female so I added in the blue background.  With all my bright colours I am entering this in the current challenge at Crafting When We Can.

Over at My Time to Craft they are looking for masculine projects, which mine is, so I am linking up there too.  Apart from all the colouring this was a fairly simple card and, with all the busyness of the images, it doesn’t need any embellies or frippery making it the perfect style for a male card.

Wasn’t till I’d finished up all that colouring that I cut the panel down to size.  That’s when I realised I’d not properly centred the title of the comic and the signature was too low down too.  By that stage there was no way I was redoing this but a lesson for next time to do a test run on some copy paper first!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B000, B04, E30, E35, YG03, YG07
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair Y00, Y11, Y15, YR23 (Blonde), E23, E25, E27, E29 (Brunette), E09, E18, YR04, YR07 (Red Head)
Outfits BG000, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09, RV00, RV52, RV55, RV66 (first panel), R01, R02, R05, R08 (third panel), N1, N5, N7, N9, Y21, Y23, YR21, YR24, 0 (fourth panel), G07, G09, G12, G14 (fifth panel)
Cake B24, B28, B39, Y02, Y06, Y08, YG00, YG01, YG03
Candles B28, BG13, BV08, G09, R29, RV66, V05, Y04, Y15, YR02, YR09, YR18
Cake Plate Y00, Y11, Y15, YR23
Backgrounds FYG1, T1, T3, T5, T7 (first panel), FYG1 (second panel), BG0000, BG000, BG10, FYG1 (third panel), C0, FYG1, V20, V22, V25 (fourth panel), FYG1, W1, W3, W5 (fifth panel), BG70, BG72, BG75, FYG1 (sixth panel), B00 (background filler)
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ Black
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Apple Crush
Stamps
Kate Hadfield Designs ~ Birthday Cake
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. That is one AMAZING card!!!! What a fabulous amount of love and laughs it contains :D Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely amazing, I love it. You are so creative, thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and card. Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun
    Thanks for sharing at My Time To Craft x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: