Followers

Sunday 14 May 2017

Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born…



A wet and rainy day today gave me plenty of time in the craft room and one of the cards I made was this wedding one featuring Over the Moon from All Dressed Up.


The layout of my card is from Sketch Saturday where I have resized the sketch to fit my preferred square card base.  I also shifted the position slightly of the top two elements as it was too busy with flowers and the pearls looked a bit funny sitting half on and half off the central square element.  The fairly simple layout was just what I needed though, as this is going to a couple who aren’t really into fussy and fancy.

Over at Do Al(l) Kreatives they are looking for projects that speak to the heart.  As this card is to celebrate the sharing of love through marriage it fits the theme nicely and I am entering it there.

Edna has got hitched and been knocked up, let’s just hope she’s not been bumped off (I have too much fun playing at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for that).  With my ‘matching’ themed card I am joining the sisters but sadly not in snarkiness, the couple this is going out to are just too sweet for snark.

Ingredients:
Embellishments
BoBunny Jewels ~ Somewhere in Time
Petaloo The Penny Lane Garden Collection ~ Forget-me-nots Teal
Inks & Paints etc
Twinkling H2Os ~ Egyptian Gold & Heavenly
Papers
House of Paper Stardream Paper ~ Lapis Lazuli
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Totally agree that snark wasn't an option for these cuties! Such a sweet card, thanks for playing with the Sisterhood, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely take on the sketch and our challenge!
    Thanks for Hatching, Matching & Dispatching with the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! Very nice creation...

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStĂĽble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#5 – May- let your heart speak)
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet couple... nice job.
    Great colour combination. Absolutely beautiful!

    Thanks for playing along with our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#5 – Let your hearts speak}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#37 – Fantasy}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to remember that phrase "too sweet for snark" - some things just are, and your lovely card is no exception. Thanks for joining in the fun at SOSS
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch, super sweet image and too cute for snark. Fabulous card. love it. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood for the Hatching, Matching and dispatching challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovelly card :) i like the accents in gold :) Hugs Ella DT Do Al(l) Kreatives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once in a while, we'll take a lack of snark! ;) This is a beautiful "matching" card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love This image! Beautiful card you made. Do you know the book: I love you to the mooi and back?
    That was popping in my mind...
    Thnks for playing at Do Al(l) Kreatives.
    GerJanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: