Followers

Sunday 28 May 2017

Needs not the holly-berries red



I’m sharing a CAS Christmas card I made today featuring one of the Mixed Media Christmas dies from Tim Holtz.


I used the current colour palette at Christmas Card Throwdown on my card.   I tried a background using Magicals but after tossing a couple decided to switch to one from alcohol inks.  Not sure I have enough contrast between the kraft top layer and the yellow background but they were the challenge colours and I was a bit limited in my actual alcohol inks in yellow.

It seems awfully disloyal to say so but I am not loving the die cut.  I think it needs something more but I don’t know what.  As it is I gave a glow to the die cut with some Distress Ink and added in a few pearls in gold to match the colour palette.

I’ve kept the card deliberately CAS so I could also play along at Less is More.  For their shimmer theme I’ve got Gold Mixative in my alcohol ink background to the die cut and also lovely rich gold embossing powder on the sentiment.

Over at Watercooler Wednesday Gail’s asked for Christmas projects so I am also linking my card up there.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
WOW! Embossing Powder ~ Metallic Gold Rich Pale
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Die ~ 661602 Mixed Media Christmas
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Caramel, Gold Mixative & Sunshine Yellow
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Core’dinations Smooth Cardstock ~ Kraft
Yupo ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Magnolia ~ Sentiment Stamp from Vintage Box 1
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. A fantastic showcase of shimmer here Emily, wonderful CAS design and oozing festive spirits.
    Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card Emily. That was a brilliant idea to add the gold fixative to your alcohol inks because it really give a lovely shimmer to the leaves. Love the unusual colour combo being used on such a festive card. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Christmas card, .Emily. Love the gold accents for your shimmer. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nice to see an alternative colour for Holly - thanks for joining us for Gail's Christmas Challenge at Watercooler Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the nontraditional colors you used for this Christmas Card! Fabulous take on this challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've achieved a nice, subtle look with your non-traditional Christmas colours. Love the addition of the pearls. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elle est superbe cette carte Emily, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got the colours to work on a Christmas card. It looks beautifully shimmery.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yellow background really glows and shimmers through your die cut, I love the effect. Thank you for joining us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: