Followers

Sunday 7 May 2017

…snow is glistening



It’s been a busy weekend but I managed to squeeze in a Christmas card featuring this cute Garland Sprite image from Aurora Wings 


A while back I saw a gorgeous card by Pat of Cards 2 Cherish where she had doused her coloured image in glitter (you can find her card here).  I’ve been wanting to CASE that technique ever since and the current challenge at Winter Wonderland proved just the added incentive I needed.  But of course, I couldn’t just use the glitter on the image for my sparkle; I had to add some bling too.  So out came my box of bling and every punched hole on my die cut frame got a hot fix crystal and I added a Prima crystal to the centre of my die cut snowflake for even more sparkly bling.

 I’ve used the sketch at Christmas Card Throwdown for inspiration for my layout, taking it literally with a rounded shape in the middle of a square card.  They really wanted to see lots of layers and I have that on my card with my various mats and my added frame and embellies.

The frame around my image is to fit the current theme at Aurora Wings.  I also think it helps to make the image look like a Christmas ornament, the old style glittery ones my mother used to buy for our tree when I was a kid.  The soft frosted effect over the image looks lovely in real life and works really well with the blue and brown colour scheme.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Hair Y21, Y28, YR18, YR24
Outfit BG11, BG32, BG34, BG57, C0, C1, C3
Chalks & Powders etc
Prima Finnabair Art Sugar ~ White
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Precious Marieke ~ PM10048 Wondrous Frame
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits ~ 661599 Paper Snowflakes Mini
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies ~ S4-110 Classic Ovals Large
Embellishments
Prima Say It In Crystals ~ Forever Green
Inks & Paints etc
Prismacolor Pencils ~ Gold & Silver
Papers
Curious Metallics Card ~ Cryogen White
Pion Design Palette Cardstock ~ Blue II
Stamps
Challenges
Christmas Card Throwdown ~ Sketch

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, I love your colours, and the frosty glitter over your image gives a lovely soft, wintry effect. Thank you for sharing with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown. Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that technique too but have yet to try it. it looks very effective on your pretty image and I can imagine the sparkle.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sparkle and shine, Emily! Love your coloring of Garland Sprite and the bling you've added to the fabulous frame must have taken forever. Well worth the effort, though. Your card is amazing. Thanks so much for joining our "Frame It" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so beautiful, Emily! It does have the look that reminds me of old-fashioned heirloom Christmas ornaments. Your chosen palette is beautiful, too! Thank you for playing at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable, Emily! Beautifully colored, and such pretty vintage details! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: