Followers

Saturday 20 May 2017

May the season warm their souls



Made a quick Christmas card today in between loads of washing featuring the beautiful Candlelight die from Tattered Lace.


Over at CASology their current prompt is “warm”.  When I saw that prompt I knew I wanted to use a candle on my card as when I think of candles I think warm glow.  The fact we have Christmas in summer here in Australia and electricity has done away with candles in all but blackouts is irrelevant, I still grew up on traditional Christmas images of wintertime and candles on trees.  With that in mind I went with a grey/blue background for my candle to give the impression of a winter’s evening.

My card follows the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  The split in the top layer was the perfect place for my sentiment and I used my new Oxide ink to stamp it, the Iced Spruce going nicely with my Pion cardstock.  C.R.A.F.T. Challenge are looking for Christmas projects so I am also entering my card there.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Citrus, Gold Mixative, Lettuce, Pearl Mixative, Red Pepper, Silver Mixative, Sunset Orange & Sunshine
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Pion Design Palette ~ Blue VI
Yupo ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS249 Scribbly Christmas
Challenges
CRAFT #416 ~ Christmas

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful Christmas card - love the colouring on those die cut candles!
    Thanks for play along at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge!
    Helen x GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the direction you went in with this cue word, Emily! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Love those candles! Perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty for Christmas! Lvoe the red bow! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm and bright indeed, Emily! A beautiful Christmas card in a lovely colour scheme! Great take on the cue! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: