Followers

Monday 1 May 2017

It’s a sweet trip to a candy shop



I have a fun little card to share today featuring the lovely Molly’s Treats from Tiddly Inks.


Over at CRAFT Challenges they are asking you to take inspiration from a book and I’ve used Big Red Lollipop by Rukhsana Khan as my inspiration.  This card is heading out to my niece and her nickname is Lolly so this seemed a fun nod to her.

From the cover design I’ve taken the yellow for my mat and enamel dot embellies and I’ve given Molly a blue dress.  It’s been a while since I’ve had my Copics out so I wasn’t too sure I’d get the white polka dots even so skipped those on her dress.  But of course I’ve coloured her big lollipops red and, for a bit of extra sugary shine, I’ve topped them with clear embossing powder.

Bright and beautiful is the current theme at AAA Cards, which my card certainly is.  Lovely bold colours and a beautiful image from Christy on my card so I am entering it there. 

At Come and Get It they’re challenge is to make it square, I usually do a square card base but to fit the theme even more I’ve also cropped my image into a square frame.  For some added interest on my CAS card I’ve then used the same die (love the stitching on both the positive and negative cut) to cut an aperture from my card topper and then inlaid the image into it.  Wasn’t till I’d done that that I realise I really should have printed Molly on Curious Metallics instead of X-Press It paper.  I was too happy with how Molly came out to recolour her so banking on my niece not being too fussy on the contrasting whites!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Lips E11
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B21, B23, 24, B28, B39, Co
Lollipops C0, R24, R29, R46, R59
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Papers
Copic Cardstock ~ X-Press It
Curious Metallics Cardstock ~ Cryogen White
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and definitely bright and beautiful. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I have to hold up my hands and make a confession - I usually only visit your blog when you play at SOSS, so I had no idea you could do pretty as well - and do it so beautifully! I am in total awe of your colouring skills
    Jane - GDT at CRAFT

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable image and so beautifully coloured. It certainly matches up to our bright and beautiful challenge and Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards this week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: