Followers

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Welcome to Spooktober

So I’ve set myself one heck of challenge to celebrate the most awesome holiday of the year, which of course is Halloween.  I’m going to aim for a post a day for the next 31 days, with any luck the majority will feature a Halloween inspired project.  There will be a detour in the middle for the awesome Simply Betty Secret Pumpkin Swap blog hop (only the most amazing swap event of the year) and there are also some more gorgeous Steampunk Zodiacs coming your way.  But for the most part I hope to showcase some of the fabulous images from this year’s Halloween releases at Simply B Stamps as well as some from the vaults.

I hope you’ll join me on my little bloggy celebration of Halloween and, to kick off the proceedings I have a tag featuring the cute Little Ghost Jude from this year’s Teen Scene Halloween release, Trick or Treat.

 
To make up my tag I followed the sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp, I just changed the base shape to a coffin and made the strip element angled to suit.  For once I am very, very early posting my entry in the weekly Through the Purple Haze challenge, it was fortunate their theme was Halloween.  With my ghostly image, I’m also entering this in the current challenge at the Order of the OpusGluei!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks E11)
Lips E11
Eyes E35, E37
Hair T6, T8, T10, 100
Shirt T6, T8, T10, 100, YR12, YR14, YR15, YR16
Jeans B91, B93. B95, B97, B99
Boots T3, T5, T7, 100
Pumpkins G21, G24, G26, G28, YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07, YR12, YR14, YR15, YR16
Embellishments
Creative Memories Classic Halloween Stickers
Martha Stewart Halloween Paper Tape
Papers
DCWV The Witches’ Brew  
Paper Accents Heavy Cardstock Black 
Ribbons & Trims 
Green ribbon from SBS Ribbon Swap stash 
Stamps 
Challenges 




Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I just love this Emily, it's wonderful. Thanks for playing along again at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic card....Emily.
    Thank you for joining us again.
    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! Love your Halloween tag! That SBS image is so adorable! Good choice! Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Spooktober", that's wonderful! This is terrific, I really like the coffin shape and the green ribbon. It's so creative! Thanks for playing along with our "Boo! Challenge at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Emily and great colouring i love this image its awesome! and i love the fact you have told other bloggers your ingredients especially when they are starting out and not sure on colour combo's great idea but that image is fab! Oh my goodness she is fabulous! and i love the trees with skulls they are just right .great colouring.Thanks so much for entering our challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges
    Anita DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you make your goal of posting daily! Your card here is wonderful. I love that you altered the shape to a coffin and then softened it from macabre by using such a great image (terrific coloring too) and the fun patterned paper. You have great elements here in the ribbons - they add a real Halloween touch but still draw the eye to the central image. Really well done. Thank you so much for participating in our Opus Gluei theme. Hope we get you back for more challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coffin shape of this tag is brilliant. I love your coloring. That little ghost boy is adorable. Wonderful choices on the whole tag. Thank you so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: