Followers

Monday 21 October 2013

Two lovely berries moulded on one stem...


The entire Steampunk Zodiac collection drawn by Abigail Larson has been released over at Simply B Stamps and today my card features the doubly gorgeous Gemini.

 
I think this card shows off the feminine side to Steampunk, it’s got the classic Steampunk elements of cogs and metal but is still soft and girlie.  I’ve layered up various embellies and trims as well as designer papers to give my card lots of dimension.  The perfectly tied bow is thanks to my Bow-it-All, never mind I had to find a video to watch how to use it, I think it was worth it for the best bow I’ve ever tied!

My card follows the current sketch at Crafting Life’s Pieces, all of the elements on the sketch worked well with the feel I wanted for this card.  In their crinolines the twins are definitely looking vintage and my whole card has that vintage appeal (it’s part of the whole Steampunk thing) so I am entering my card in the current 365 Cards’ challenge.  And with all my layers I’m also linking it up at 4 Crafty Chicks where they’ve got a layers challenge happening.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53, (cheeks E11)
Eyes (light) E23, (dark) E29
Lips (light) R24, R29, (dark) R46, R59
Hair (light) E21, E23, E25, (dark) E25, E27, E29
Clothing (light) N0, N2, N4, N6, N8, (dark) T2, T4, T6, T8, 0
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Curved Matting Basics
Embellishments
Gem Circle from stash
Jolee’s Steampunk Flower Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Cog
Papers
Ribbons & Trims etc
Hemp Mesh from SBS Ribbon Swap
Hemp Cogs Trim from SBS Ribbon Swap
Webster’s Pages Velvet Ribbon – Black
Stamps
Challenges

Crafting Life’s Pieces # 63 – October’s Sketch Challenge 


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Your Bow is perfect! Loooove that Image it is my Favorite one as it is so soft and Girly you have executed it perfectely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love this image, very cute. Thanks for joining the challenge at 365 cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks for our "many layers" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just exquisite, Emily! Love the girly take on Steampunk. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: