Followers

Saturday 26 November 2016

But now everything is different…


I’m sharing a card today featuring an image from the Let’s Celebrate! set from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps.

I had the great honour of being crowned the CAS Perfectionist over at Addicted to CAS for their ‘Monster’ challenge and am guesting there today with this card.  The current theme is ‘Celebrate’.

Now I knew I wanted to make a birthday card for a friend, which would meet the theme of celebrate but then I saw the current challenge at Deep Ocean was to find inspiration from a song or movie.  Which got me thinking about my Kraftin’ Kimmie stamps and the one I chose that kinda reminded me of Julia Roberts in that red dress.  I know it’s not quite the same but it’s not bad so I coloured up the dress in bright red.

I could have gone with the conventional ‘happy birthday’ sentiment but with the celebrate theme and thinking about Pretty Woman I chose to go with ‘celebrate you’ instead.  I was thinking about that scene where Edward tells Vivian he thinks she is very special, it’s not the red dress scene but I didn’t think a couple in bed was the best image to go with!  But I think the red dress scene is one where Vivian starts to think maybe she is; clothes might not make the woman but that red dress certainly would make anyone feel like they could take on the world.

The champagne cork is also from the same Kraftin’ Kimmie set and to add a bit of sparkle to my card I’ve embossed a spray of champagne.  With my heat embossing I am entering it in the current challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

This is a CAS card so generally no embellies but I did scatter a few tiny gems for champagne bubbles.  With these sparkly bits I am also linking my card up at Mod Squad.
A big thank you to the DT at Addicted to CAS for the chance to join them for this challenge and help celebrate their fourth birthday.  I had a lot of fun making up my card.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E35
Mouth E11, E13, E15
Hair E44, E47, E49, E79
Outfit C00, N0, N02, R14, R27, R46, R59
Champagne & Cork BG10, E21, E23, E25, Y26, 0
Chalks & Powders etc
Embellishments
Close to my Heart ~ Bitty Gems
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ Black
Papers
Stamps
Challenges
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    Yes, she does look like Julia Roberts in her fab red dress...Love it! Beautiful Copic coloring, and I love your details...perfect for the Code Word!
    Thank you again for being our Guest Designer for this challenge! It's been great working with you on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card...love it! Thanks for being our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at crafty cardmakers this time - what a lovely fun CAS card!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

    Peggy T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Thank you being our GD at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily, I love your card!
    With or without Julias image in mind, this lady looks like she has a good reason and also lots of fun to celebrate!
    Cute idea to use the tiny gems as sparkling-bubbles for the splash of champagne on the right side of the card.
    Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: