Followers

Saturday 5 November 2016

I was swinging, on a vine, in the air!



Sharing a fun card I made today featuring stamps from the Cheeky Monkey set from Clearly Besotted.


Over at Animal Friends they are looking for special card forms which inspired me to make a slider card with those cheeky monkeys.  To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.  I computer generated the sentiment and printed it before I stamped the branch stamp from the Cheeky Monkey set to form one of the elements from the sketch.  I couldn’t resist adding a second cheeky monkey into the corner of the card.

For my colour choice I’ve used the inspirational ones from CAS Colours & Sketches.  My cardstock is right, with my base Stampin’ Up Early Espresso with a second layer of Always Artichoke, which also forms the vine on which my cheeky monkey is swinging.  I still don’t have any Stampin’ Up inks, other than Basic Black, so had to improvise with Distress Inks in colours that were as close as I could get Early Espresso and Always Artichoke for the branch and leaves.  My monkeys bring in the third colour, Pumpkin Pie, this time with an approximate match using Copic markers.

Ingredients:
Copics
Monkeys YR02, YR09, YR12, YR15, YR18, YR20, YR61
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card, and love that it is interactive! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative use of our challenge colors! This darling card brought a smile to my face, and I feel certain that the lucky person who receives it will grin, too! Thanks so much for making CC&S part of your crafting fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB and so cute! Wonderful use of the challenge colours and such a happy card. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: