Followers

Tuesday 1 November 2016

…in this mansion of gloom I now proposed to myself a sojourn…



Sharing a quick birthday card I whipped up featuring a Tim Holtz stamp from his Regions Beyond set.


To help speed my card making along I used the colours from the current Cupcake Inspirations picture.  Not sure I have quite chartreuse as my green, I’m not entirely sure what that shade of green is but my cardstock is as close as I could get to the colour as it appears on my monitor.

My card follows the current sketch at Sunday Stamps.  To add a bit of interest I created the ‘two sides’ by cutting my card front short and allowing the base cardstock to show through.  I then added my sentiment to the exposed strip along with some Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crossbones, which I coloured with Picket Fence Distress Paint with crystals for the eyes.

I’ve also got a stamped sentiment inside the card along with another stamp from the Regions Beyond set, which I teamed with a candle from a CTMH set.


This might seem an unconventional birthday card but it’s going out to someone who loves Hallowe’en and would do anything to have been born on Hallowe’en, not 10 days later!  With my two sentiments I am entering my card in the current challenge at Creative Knockouts.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail White
 Embellishments
Artwrap ~ Crystal Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adornments ~ Crossbones
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs ~ Apothecary
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Apple Crush
Stamps
Close to My Heart ~ D1529 Artiste (retired)
Stampin’ Up! ~ Happiest Birthday Wishes 2 (retired)
Challenges
Sunday Stamps #138 ~ Two Sides

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Great use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope to see more of your creativity in upcoming challenges!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Halloween creation and that sentiment is so very perfect! Thank you for sharing your incredible inspiration with us at Creative Knockouts Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some cool "spooky" Halloween cards! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
    -Sandy,DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is so cool! i LOVE the white embossed haunted house on purple, very awesome design! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to cut the card base short in order to get the 2 contrasting sides!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: