Followers

Friday 4 November 2016

’Tis the last rose of summer…



I’m sharing a CAS card today featuring an older Magnolia stamp called Wedding Rose.


My first bit of inspiration for this card came from the current sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  While looking for other ideas on challenge blogs I saw an awesome card by Joyce featured on Happy Little Stampers for their CASE the designer challenge.  The design fit with the sketch and was a great way to add interest to my CAS card.  I’ve just swapped out the thin strip on the sketch for the base of the flower and its stem.

My colour choice has come from the current challenge at Cards in Envy.  Putting all these inspirational elements together meant I was able to whip this card up in next to no time at all, which is just as well.  Despite the sentiment this isn’t just a little bit late, it’s about two month’s late, whoopsy!

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
CC Designs Cutters ~ ATS162 Make a Card #4
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Boysenberry Delight & Lime Crush
Mondi Color Copy ~ 250gsm White Paper
Stamps
Magnolia ~ Wedding Rose
Stampin’ Up! ~ Happiest Birthday Wishes I (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I love this card and the last roses of summer. The purple colors are beautiful. However our card challenge is for purple and green. Unless I'm not seeing it on my monitor, I don't see any green. Please let me know if I am wrong. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Cards in Envy. ~Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay...I looked on a bigger monitor and I can now see the green border of paper. So sorry, but I'm glad I found it and again I love your card! Thanks so much for sharing it with Cards in Envy. :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry for making it a bit hard to see, the green is rather subtle! I meant to have more green colouring but didn't place my stamps as well as I should have so all the green was on the non-coloured bit, I'll work out hand stamping one day :-P

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card--I love your purple flowers, and how you have them at the top and bottom of your card. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS Case the Designer and for CASE-ing my card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the sketch. I love how you've stamped the rose across the three layers. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you did the flowers here!!! thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CASE of Joyce's card. Nice and CAS. I love all of the white space. Thanks for playing along at HLS CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely CASE of Joyce's card, love it, thank you for playing at HLS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: