Followers

Saturday 12 November 2016

One poem per flower will not do



My final thank you card features the Peony Posey stamp from IndigoBlu.


I’ve used the current sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches for my card and taken the colours from Just Add Ink.  I was tempted to stamp the image in green and pink over the white but the thought of trying to mask the required bits was more than this simple stamper could cope with!  So I’ve added the final two colours in the highlights on the flowers.  I still haven’t bought any Stampin’ Up ink colours so substituted with the closest I could get to Blushing Bride (Tattered Rose) and Mint Macaron (Cracked Pistachio) in Distress Inks.

I stamped my sentiment from the Whiff of Joy set General Sayings in Tattered Rose.  This is the second time I’ve tried the technique of stamping the image through layers and not colouring it all.  While the effect is most striking with white on white cardstock I think it looks pretty good still with a coloured base.

As my card is CAS I am also entering it in the current challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Ingredients:
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Stamps
Whiff of Joy ~ General Sayings
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Wow - this pops right off the page Emily! I love how you've used the colours to create your flower centerpiece. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the way the image flows over the layers. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW,WOW, super gorguss, so love this grunge piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! I love how you have coloured the image and flowed it over the white space. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the stamps overflows the panel and the way you added the colors in the flower. Thanks for sharing your card at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Emily! I love how your image spills over onto the other layers and how you've added the colours to the petals is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty floral flourish! I like how the image extends beyond the white focal panel. Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your artsty, flowy flower is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stamp and fabulous stamping and colouring. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The contrast of those delicate colours on the petals to the dark stamped structural detail is really striking Emily! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your use of the soft colours, in contrast to the dark, bold, background, Emily. Awesome card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool and I love how you used the challenge colours. Your stamping skills are spectacular! So glad you shared this with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: